A number of papers based on work with the MBC500 Magnetic Bearing Control Engineering Lab Experiment have been published in conference proceedings and peer-reviewed journals. Some of the more recent publications include:
- Synthesis and implementation of gain-scheduling and LPV controllers for an AMB system, Automatica, 2012.
- 2-DOF Controller Design for Precise Positioning a Spindle Levitated with Active Magnetic Bearings, European Journal of Control, 2012.
- Comparison of two types of nonlinear controllers for magnetic bearing system stabilization: An experimental approach, Intelligent Control and Information Processing, 2012.
- Dynamic output feedback sliding mode control for magnetic bearing system stabilization, 10th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, 2012.
- Performance Enhancement for AMB Systems Using Unstable H∞ Controllers, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2011.
- Experimental results with stable and unstable LPV controllers for active magnetic bearing systems, IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, 2010.
- Repetitive control of a levitated shaft—FPGA implementation based on powell-chau filters, International Symposium on Flexible Automation, Proceedings 2010.
- Modeling and Control of a Magnetic Bearing System, American Control Conference, 2010.
- Advanced Digital Controls, Report by David Luong, UCLA Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, 2008.
The MBC500 Magnetic Bearing Controller Benchtop Experiment is used by engineers around the world for control education and research. Listed below are some of the institutions and universities that have purchased the MBC500:
|Westinghouse Hanford Co.||GE Global Research
|UC Riverside||UC Berkeley||UC Santa Barbara|
|Sandia National Labs
||National Research Council||Naval Postgraduate School|
|Penn State University||Clemson University||Michigan Tech|
|The University of Calgary||The University of Akron||Jaewoo Electronics Co. LTD|
|Cork Regional Technical College||Hiroshima City University||University of Valladolid
|Athens State University||University of Silesia||Monterrey Institute of Technology|
|University of Buenos Aires
||RMIT University||Instanbul Technical University|
|Delft University of Technology||Knolls Atomic Power Laboratories|
|University of Arkansas at Little Rock||Rotordynamics-Seal Research||India Institute of Technology, Delhi|