Control System Design
Related to our expertise in system engineering, LaunchPoint has key strengths in our control engineering group. Professor Brad Paden, co-founder, is an expert in nonlinear control and its applications in electromechanical systems. He has published in the areas of robot dynamics and control, magnetic levitation control, variable structure systems, adaptive control of motors, and iterative learning control. Dr. Maksim Subbotin, is an expert in multivariable control system design including H-infinity methods with applications to satellite constellation control and rotating machines. The LaunchPoint team has years of experience in implementing sophisticated control algorithms in a range of electromechanical systems.
- Brad E. Paden, Nasim Mirnateghi, Luca Gentili, and Lorenzo Marconi, “Designing nonlinear zero dynamics to reject periodic waveforms,” ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 131(4), pp. 44504-44507, July 2009.
- M.V. Subbotin and R.S. Smith, “Design of a distributed decentralized estimator for a formation with fixed communication topology,” 2007 America Control Conference, pp. 5025-5030, 2007.
- B. Paden, D. Chen, R. Ledesma & E. Bayo, "Exponentially Stable Tracking Control for Multi-Joint Flexible-Link Manipulators," ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 115, pp. 53-59, March 1993.
- L. Noakes, G. Heinzinger & B. Paden, "Cubic Splines on Curved Spaces," IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information, Vol. 6, pp. 465-473, 1989.
- T. Meressi & B. Paden, "Gain-scheduled H-infinity controllers for a two-link flexible manipulator," AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 17:3, pp. 537-543, 1994.
- S. Devasia, B. Paden & C. Rossi, "Exact-output tracking theory for systems with parameter jumps," International Journal of Control, Vol. 67:1, pp. 117-131, 1997.
- J. Antaki, S. Banda, B. Paden & M. Piovoso, "Award winning control applications," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol. 22:6, pp. 8- 20, December 2002.
- N. Karlsson, M. Ricci, D. Hrovat, and M. Dahleh, “A suboptimal nonlinear active suspension,” Proceedings of the 2000 American Control Conference, Vol. 6, pp. 4036-4040, 2000.